Friday, August 18, 2006

Updating Wednesday's post...

On Wednesday I posted a note about a story in the Capitol magazine The Hill that questioned U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman's senority status if he were to be re-elected running as a petitioning candidate. On Thursday, I asked Lieberman about the speculation in the article that some of his fellow Democratic colleagues in the Senate have suggested he might lose it.

Lieberman said he spoke with Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid right after the primary, and was asssured by Reid that if he wins, his senority and his committee assignments would not be in any jeopardy.

For the record, Reid's office will only say that is something to be decided after the election.

There's a lot of different ways to look at that - and no doubt that many who have strong opinions on this particular election will choose to look at it in a way that suits their purposes. I only offer the information .

2 Comments:

Blogger NESAtlas said...

I almost want to start giggling like a school girl at how heated this race is heading...but then I quickly realize how strongly I feel about some of these issues and hope the political riff-raff of today's representatives are dealt with come voting day.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Ray Hackett said...

True blue...I never was a Democrat. I only switch party affiliations from independent to Democrat and/or Republican in order to vote in primaries - something I've done pretty much all my life. I do it because I believe voting is important.
If you're asking have switched back to unaffiliated yet - the answer is no. I've been busy and there's no great rush.

As for your feeling about the troops involved in a policing action in Iraq for the next decade - we agree. I would hate to see that happen as well.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home