Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Catching up...

It's been a few days since I've added anything to the blog. These last days of a campaign can be a bit time consuming. I often joke that in the closing days of a campaign I typically take more trash out of my car than my condo - and that has more truth to it than you think.

I spent most of the morning visiting polling places on my way into the office, and must admit to being a little disappointed in the early turnout numbers. If you haven't voted - do so.

And one more thought before I head into some of these previous posts and respond to some of the responses. The site will be quiet for the next five days. I traditionally take the rest of the week off immediately after an election - a kind of mental health break. My philosphy has always been that once the voters speak, there really isn't anything more for me or candidates to say. I'll be back on Monday...have a great weekend and enjoy the good weather - I will.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bill Jenkins said...

Here are my predictions for today's primaries:

Primary predictions:
Governor: DeStefano
Lt. Governor: Slifka
US Senate: Lamont
US Congress (Republican) 1st district: MacLean
State Rep. (Democrat) 3rd district: Gonzalez
State Rep. (Democrat) 4th district: Roldan
State Rep. (Democrat) 41st district: Wright
State Rep. (Republican) 49th district: Carboni
State Rep. (Democrat) 53rd district: Hurlburt
State Rep. (Democrat) 72nd distict: Webster
State Rep. (Democrat) 73rd district: Berger
State Rep. (Democrat) 79th district: Diamantis
State Rep. (Republican) 89th district: White
State Rep. (Democrat) 127th district: Hennessy
State Rep. (Democrat) 128th district: Martinez
State Rep. (Democrat) 140th district: Morris

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ray Hackett said...

We'll see...

3:20 PM  
Blogger Bill Jenkins said...

10 for 15 with the 41st yet to be decided and two for two on the "big ones"

11:09 PM  
Blogger Ray Hackett said...

rayconscience...don't flatter yourself. If you want to disagree or discuss issues, then let's talk. That's the beauty of debate...because through a healthy discussion comes resolution - and sometimes an agreement to simply disagree. I'm not a big fan of those who prefer to simply attack another. That only suggest to me that they have nothing really to say.

You obviusly support Mr. Lamont...and I think that's fine. That's the way the process is suppose to work.

So...if you want to talk, discuss issues...engage others in the discussion - let's do it...and let's stop this silliness.

How's that sound?

9:36 AM  
Blogger Bill Jenkins said...

11 for 16. Elissa Wright who lost on primary night was declared the winner after a recount.

The big surprises were two incumbent Democratic State Reps (Diamantis and Martinez) losing their primaries.

Looking back, I'm NOT surprised by Glassman beating Slifka. I think the fact that she was the only woman on the ballot tipped the results in her favor.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home