Monday, January 07, 2008

An update of sorts...

First...to wtfdnucsailor....not sure why you couldn't find the Sunday editorial or the Sunday Hackett on Politics column on our Web site, but I did mention to our Web folks...and it should be available sometime later today. Thanks for the interest...

And now...an update on my status.

As many of you have obviously noticed, my activity on this blog has been spotty at best in recent weeks. There are lot of reasons for that -- the holidays, vacation time, etc. But the main reason has been I've been very busy with my work as the acting editorial page editor at the paper. It is a bit more time consuming than when I was just a reporter, and when the holidays and vacations came around, I still needed to put out a week's worth of editorial pages even if I wasn't actually working. (So these last couple of weeks meant cramming seven days of work into three days.)

I was named acting editorial page editor back on Labor Day when Fran Kefalas left us on maternity leave. She was due back at the end of the year, but opted instead not to return to the paper.

As of this morning, I have been named the new editorial page editor - my new , full-time job here at the Norwich Bulletin. I have enjoyed these past four months, and I am looking forward to continuing in this position.

I will continue to write the weekly political column in the Sunday paper, and I will continue with this blog. It is my hope that I can get into a routine where I dedicate some small portion of my work day to making entries here...and I look forward to your comments.

So...who wants to predict Tuesday's outcome in New Hampshire?

3 Comments:

Blogger savvy said...

Congratulations, Ray. A great choice for the Bulletin but we just wish we could clone you because we miss the political reporting. Who will cover the shananigans in Hartford?

1:51 PM  
Blogger wtfdnucsailor said...

Ray - I look forward to your editorials but I will miss your concise political reporting. I hope the Bulletin has some one to take your place on the campaign trail and covering the regional efforts at governing and economic development as opposed to the individual towns efforts in these areas.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Congratulations! I've enjoyed your editorials and am pleased that you will continue in that role at the Bulletin. I do hope you're able to keep up with the blog as well - it's a great forum in a more informal format.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home