Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Turkey Day...

It's been a busy week. The goal beginning Monday was to complete an entire week's worth of newspapers (or at least the editorial pages of those newspapers) in three days. And that's because I'm planning to take a nice long weekend over the holiday. (I never really liked working the day after Thanksgiving....not much happens and it typically turns out to be one of the slowest work days of the year.)

;Anyway...mission accomplished. Well...almost anyway. Just a few minor items yet to be done, and the effort will be successful in completing the work load so that I can enjoy the long holiday break.

So...let me put in a plug for this week's Hackett on Poltiics column in Sunday's paper as I continue my discussion with readers over the issue of citizen participation in the election process....

And wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving...and my sincere hopes that your day with your families are something worth being thankful for.

See you Monday...

3 Comments:

Blogger wtfdnucsailor said...

Ray - Happy Thanksgiving. I have one question. Since the Norwich Bulletin shifted to the current web site, I have not been able to figure out how to comment on articles and editorials. The old version had an identifiable comment icon. Where is that in the new web site? I still haven't found it.

11:39 AM  
Blogger William Kenny said...

Best of the season to you and yours as well.

Waterford Nuke Sailor raises a good question: when the site migrated from the Gannett platform, driven by php, the comments section disappeared and visitors were told it was 'under construction'

So far it doesn't seem much progress has been made in allowing reasonable and reasoned comment to return.

Is this something that Fran, pending her return from maternity leave, inherits as a project or are the days of the "Wild, Wild West" on NB forums (and sometimes the days were a little bit wild) over and done?

4:08 PM  
Blogger mccommas said...

wtfdnucsailor:

That option was to much of a sucess I would have to guess.

The writers bias was to easy to point out.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home