Monday, December 10, 2007

guilty as charged...

It was noted that things have been a bit quiet here of late. I do apologize for the lack of input on my end...and to make it up to you....here's some hot breaking news.

Speaker of the state House of Representatives Jim Amann confirmed this morning that he will form an exploratory committee next month to gauge how much support he might have in a bid for the Democratic nomination for governor in 2010.

Amann made the comments this morning at an Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut breakfast meeting in Mystic.

That puts Amann and Attorney General Richard Blumenthal in the forefront of the race -- which is almost three years away. His decision to form the committee allows him to begin raising money as he explores the possibility -- and as we all know, raising money is one sure fire way of gauging support.

Next Tuesday, Dec. 18, I'm filling in as guest host on the Lee Elci Show on Radio Station WXLM in New London (6-9 a.m.) and the Speaker will be one of my guests on the show where we'll discuss this with him further.

Also appearing on the show with me (via phone) will be Gov. M. Jodi Rell, U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman and Congressman Joe Courtney. I have a tentative confirmation from Sen. Chris Dodd's offices - and hopefully we can get that firmed up and have him on as well - especially since we'll be just three weeks away from the iowa caucuses.

2 Comments:

Blogger William Kenny said...

I'm a little confused. Is WXLM's signal in New London, CT, even able to reach Iowa? I'm asking because you noted that the Iowa caucuses will be "only" three weeks away. Better turn it up loud, eh? Perhaps to 11....

When you get Senator Dodd on the phone, please ask him how many more votes in DC he's planning on NOT being present for.

One of the few things I respected Bob (Darth Vader) Dole for is he resigned his Senate seat to run for the office of the President.

As it is, we have Barack, Biden, Clinton, Dodd, McCain, Oprah and that Law and Order Guy plus who-knows-who-I've-forgotten many of whom are auditioning for a new job while elected for another job.
Sure wish I could do that, and bet you do, too.

Related topic:
I've checked but can't find the passage in the CT Constitution but it must be there....
Richard Blumenthal makes like he's going to run for governor on a daily basis. Is he auditioning for Hamlet at the Hartford Playhouse?
What does he need more: coaxing or a combover?

And in light of State Senator A's lobbying for Joe Gentile, he of "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a library reading room and a Utopia today" fame, am I supposed to be more impressed with his business acumen or his keen ability to judge a person's character?

Only three years until the gubernatorial election? "Passing parade of grey-suited grafters, a choice of cancer or polio."
Sell my clothes, I'm in heaven.

1:41 PM  
Blogger mccommas said...

http://headlesshorseman2008.blogspot.com/2007/12/sample-ethics-test-for-democrats.html

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home