Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Four minutes....

That's how long it too to cast my ballot this morning. I entered the community center and got in line at 6:58 a.m., and deposited my ballot in the electronic scanner at 7:02 a.m.

Quick, but mostly a function of a well-organized operation by election officials. They do appear to have more poll workers than normal, and the flow is being handled quite efficiently. I probably spent more time locating a parking space -- turnout is very brisk -- and spending a few minutes chating with the two state representative candidates, incumbent state Rep. Ed Jutila, D-East Lyme, and Republican challenger Greg Ellis, also of East Lyme, both of whom were out early to greet voters this morning at the polling place.

Now it's up I-395 and a stop at Montville to see how well things are there this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home