Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Starting the week...

Here's hoping that you all had a good holiday weekend. (Now that power has been restored, mine ended better than it began. Spent all day Sunday without any electricity - and 13 family visitors.)

With Labor Day now passed, I suspect all the races will begin to start shaping up. We're all familiar with the big contests, but I'm wondering if there are any state legislative races that you find just as interesting?


I really would like to get some feedback to our Web initiative where we (the Norwich Bulletin) post video clips of candidates talking with the paper's editorial board. We did both the U.S. Senate and gubernatorial contests during the primaries, and currently have on our Web page (www.norwichbulletin.com) our special election page for the 2nd Congressional District. If you haven't taken a look at it, I invite you do so...and then tell me what you think...

The first president Bush is coming to Connecticut tomorrow - an invitation only, fundraising event for U.S. Rep. Rob Simmons, R-2nd District, down in Westbrook. I'll be there and reporting on it. Just curious...I'd like to hear how you feel about the elder Bush - and maybe, possibly including some of your comments in the story I write for the paper. If you think you'd be agreeable to that, post your comments here first - and then send me an e-mail at rhackett@norwichbulletin.com and let me know if you'd like to be quoted in the story. I will need your name - real name, no Web nicknames - and your hometown in order to use those comments in the paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home