Friday, July 13, 2007

Politics and Religion...

As noted earlier this week, I've spent much of these past few days looking at Politics and Religion for package that will run in Sunday's Norwich Bulletin.

I've known for sometime. because of a family association with a Mormon family, hat there was an active Mormon community in eastern Connecticut. I didn't realize how active - or large it really was until this week.

I've also known for sometime that Mitt Romney is not the only one in this year's presidential sweepstakes with a Mormon connection. Wanna guess who it is?

The answer is in Sunday's Norwich Bulletin along with the other stories.

Have a great weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Ray, before Bush I would have agreed with your premise that religion should only be a small part of decision-making in choosing a president. However, this president uses his religion to justify bad decisions, a dangerous precedent. I wrote about this on my blog today...

9:00 AM  
Blogger Ray Hackett said...

I'm not sure Bush uses his religion to justify his decisions. I think he does use his religion to play to that core base of the Republican Party, from which he then uses that podium/position to justify his decisions.

I think his decisions wouldn't change whether there were religious undertones or not. If he never mentioned his religion, his decisions would still be the same.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs on that one...but to me, that where this issue of politics and religion becomes a problem. Using religion for political purposes doesn't do anybody any good.

9:18 AM  
Blogger mccommas said...

We live in an age where a significant portion of the community says that morals are a bad thing.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home