Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A New Year...

Happy New Year to you all...

I'll be leaving for Washington in about an hour, driving down as I normally do when making the trip to the Capitol. It's about a 7 hour drive, the worse of it usually getting out of Connecticut along I-95. I expect to arrive in Washington sometime between 4-5 p.m. this afternoon.

Much, if not all, of today's activities in Washington will center around the state funeral for former President Gerald Ford. By the time I arrive, all of that will be over, and the focus will then shift to the activities planned this week regarding the opening of the new Congress.

There's a lot planned, and a lot that will happen this week. I'm looking forward to covering the events and reporting on Connecticut's newest Congressman, U.S. Rep.-elect Joe Courtney.

I'll add a new entry later today after I arrive in Washington.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home