Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The holiday blues...

As expected, things have slowed to a crawl this week. It always does. It's the lull before the storm of activity that will be generated next week when both Congress and the state legislature convene their 2007 sessions. And would-be 2008 presidential hopefuls are holding private meetings with their closest advisors before officially declaring themselves in or out.

So what do you do to pass the time...try this for amusement.

http://subliminalmessages.com/vip39.htm.

My first attempt resulted in a 92 percent accuracy rating, 46 out of 50 on the mark, with the "four misses" only an average of 15 miles off the mark. How did you do?

5 Comments:

Blogger Bill Jenkins said...

My first attempt was 98 % accuracy, 1 miss and an average of three miles off the mark.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Bill Jenkins said...

My subsequent attempts were worse because it mostly depends which states they start you with.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Ray Hackett said...

Bill...I was impressed with your 98 percent - not to mention being only three miles off the mark on your one miss. As for your subsequent attempts - that made me feel better.

On my first attempt I got off to a rough start with Kentucky. I think that was the third state they threw at me, and I missed it by about 180 miles. But once you get those first 25 to 30 states down, the remaining states fall nicely into place.

12:33 PM  
Blogger John Guszkowski said...

That was fun. I love stuff that helps me feel smart. I got 94%, 3 misses and an average error of 8 miles.

Iowa is farther north than I remembered and West Virginia as farther east...

10:56 AM  
Blogger Ray Hackett said...

I'm glad you liked it John. I'll keep my eyes out for other interesting - not to mention stimulating - mind games in the future.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home