Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Back to work...

My two week stint as acting city editor is now over, and now I can get back to doing what I enjoy....reporting.

In my new weekly radio guest spot on WXLM in New London yesterday, I suggested that we would likely see some movement towards reaching a budget compromise in Hartford by the end of the week. I was wrong. It seems a tentative agreement was reached last night. No word yet when a special session might be called to ratify the new deal...but if something more than "tentative" is reached today, it could come as early as the end of the week. I'm betting it's more likely to be scheduled next week.,

Not a lot of details regarding the agreement have been released yet. It does appear, however, that all the talk about providing some relief to taxpayers was sacrificed as negotiators couldn't resist adding to state spending. More as it becomes available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home