Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tuesday morning...

And the fun continues....

A quick update: It appears, best count available as we start the day that Democrtic challenger Joe Courtney maintains an 82-vote lead in the 2nd District race over three-term Republican incumbent Rob Simmons. Less than half the 65 towns have apparently filed their recount tallies with the Secretary of the State's office - but 56 of the towns have apparently completed the work.

There are nine towns remaining, all scheduled to commence their recounts today. To the best of my knowledge, Canterbury is slated to be the last community to begin the process - and that starts at 6 p.m. tonight. And that is where I will be.

So that is what I understand is the latest information. I'll update as I learn more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home