Thursday, October 05, 2006

Rambling thoughts...

A couple of weeks after the Aug. 8 primary, a lot of folks were asking me if U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman could survive in the November election. At that time I said the first thing he needs to do is demonstrate that he is still capable of raising money. Losing the primary shut off the Democratic money machine, and with no real ability to campaign with other Democratic candidates, he would have no choice but to mount a serious and agreesive media campaign - and that costs money, and lots of it.

The first hint that money might be a problem would be the first evidence of a campaign in serious trouble.

I found it interesting this week to see that it was Democratic nominee Ned Lamont and not Lieberman showing signs of financial woes. Lamont has increased his own personal investment into this campaign to nearly $7 million, dumping another half-million into the race in order to "stay even" with Lieberman's media campaign. It's interesting in that Lamont appeared initially after the primary to have the inside track to the Democratic money well - and I wouldn't have thought that he would need to continue to reach into his own pockets if the Democratic machines that spit of the contributions started to roll.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray Hackett said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ray Hackett said...

snorwich...I'll pass on commenting on your major points here. We have already established that you are voting for Lamont. Although...I do think your overly harsh descriptions weaken the overall agrument that you try to make. But that's just my opinion.

As for your other question...do I read other blogs. Not on a regular basis - I have a hard enough time trying to post items on this one on a regular basis. And I read a number of them - the more liberal ones as well as the more conservative ones - because I do like to get a sense of the "mood" out there. I do like CT Local Politics, CT newsjunkie and , of course Goddard's Political Wire.

you asked what I've learned.

What I learned more than anything is that what appears to be the most "popular" blogs are those that take very pointed stances - filled with opinions, not necessarily backed up by fact - just "how I feel about it" and emotional rants. (And I don't mean that as any kind of slight - just an observation.)

Which means...this blog might never reach that stage of 'popularity.'

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home